人生在於把握自己的時間節奏

一位校長在給學生的集體演講中談到完全可預期的人生,遭到了一位同學的反對,這位同學的精彩演講,表達了人生在於把握自己的時間節奏,創造屬於自己的充滿意義的人生。以下是演講實錄。

開始是校長的演講內容

Today』s assembly is about the start of a journey.

今天的集會是關於一段新的開始

The start of the rest of your lives.

它將開啟你們今後的餘生

In 2 years time all of you will be finishing your A levels.

兩年之內 你們就會完成A levels的學業

In 3 years time you』ll be studying across the world

再過三年 你們就會去到自己想去的國家

studying at the university of your choice.

上自己想上的大學

In 5 years time you』ll have started your careers.

再過5年 你們就會開啟自己的職業生涯

Many of you will be in this room working for the top institutions across the globe.

你們在座的很多同學會進入世界頂尖公司工作

You will then get married, you then may buy a house.

然後你們會結婚 買房

In 10 years time your life will be set for you

十年之後 你的人生就會安定下來

In 15 years you』ll be 30 and from them on your path, your life will be set.

再過十五年 你就三十歲了 你的人生軌跡就會定型

然後一位同學反駁,站出來演講是這麼說的

I』m sorry Mr. Headmaster

抱歉 校長

let me tell you why that approach may fail you.

我想告訴你為什麼你的這些話是錯的

I know people who graduated at 21, and didn』t get a job until they were 27.

有的人21歲畢業 到27歲才找到工作

I know people who graduated late at 25, and they found work immediately.

有的人25歲才畢業 但馬上就找到了工作

I know people who never went to university, but found what they love at 18.

有的人沒上過大學 卻在18歲就找到了熱愛的事業

I know people who found a job straight out of college making decent money, but hate what they do.

有的人一畢業就找到好工作 賺很多錢 卻過的不開心

I know people who took gap years and found their purpose.

有的人花費多年 去尋找自我

I know people who were so sure about what they were going to do at 16, they change their mind at 26.

有的人在16歲就清楚知道自己要什麼 但在26歲時改變了想法

I know people who have children but are singe

有的人有了孩子 卻還是單身

and I know people who are married but had to wait 8 to 10 years to have children

有的人結了婚 卻等了10年才有孩子

I know people in relationships who love someone else.

有的人身處一段感情,愛的卻是別人

I know people who love each other but aren』t together

有的人明明彼此相愛 卻沒有在一起

So my point is, everything in life happens according to our time, out clock.

我想說的是 人生中的每一件事都取決於我們自己的時間

you may look at some of your friends and think that they』re ahead of you,

你身邊有些朋友也許遙遙領先於你

maybe some of them you feel are behind, but everything happens at their own pace.

有些朋友也許落後於你 但凡事都有它自己的節奏

They have their own time and clock and so do you.

他們有他們的節奏 你有你自己的

Be patient.

耐心一點

At age 25, Mark Cuban was a bartender in Dallas.

庫班25歲的時候還在酒吧做酒保

It took till 32 for J.K. Rowling to be published for Harry Potter after being rejected by 12 publishers.

在被拒12次後 JK羅琳到32歲才出版了哈利波特

Ortega launched Zara when he was 39.

Ortega到39歲才創辦了Zara

Jack Ma started Alibaba when was 35.

馬雲35歲才建立了阿里巴巴

Morgan Freeman got his big break at 52.

摩根弗里曼到52歲才迎來他演藝事業的大爆發

Steve Carell only got his break after 40 years old.

Steve Carell 40歲才紅

Virgin was started by Richard Branson at 34.

Richard Branson 34歲才創辦維珍航空

Getting your degree after 25 is still an achievement.

25歲後才拿到文憑 依然值得驕傲

Not being married at 30 but still happy is beautiful.

30歲沒結婚 但過得快樂也是一種成功

Starting a family after 35 is still possible

35歲之後成家也完全可以

and buying a house after 40 is still great

40歲買房也沒什麼丟臉的

Don』t let anyone rush you with their timelines.

不要讓任何人擾亂你的時間表

Because as Einstein said,

因為愛因斯坦曾經說過:

"Not everything that counts can be counted」

並不是每一件算的出來的事 都有意義

and 「Not everything that』s counted truly counts."

也不是每一件有意義的事 都能夠被算出來

And this is the most important thing,

這才是最重要的事

I want you to be able to create meaningful, purposeful fulfilling lives for yourselves

我希望你們可以創造屬於自己的充滿意義的人生

and learn how to use that to make an impact and a difference in the lives of others.

學會用這些去影響點亮他人的生活

That will be true success.

這才是真正的成功

更多原創內容,探討每個成年人都必然經歷的幾件人生大事,涵蓋擇業、婚戀、家庭、育兒、房產、裝修、購車等剛需重決策領域,歡迎進入微信小程序或公眾號:成家立業社區(ID:cjlysq)

推薦閱讀:

如何才能吸引貴人來幫你
擁有自己的生活,是我最幸福的事。
這幾個地方有痣是旺夫的標誌,大富大貴不是夢!你可千萬不要點!
龍應台:做母親?還是做自己?丨財知卷戀
人生就是一場修鍊

TAG:人生 | 事業 | 家庭 |