跟《吸血鬼日記》學口語表達
曾在我們青春中佔有一席之地的《The Vampire Diaries吸血鬼日記》,在八年後的3月終於與我們說再見了。當年看到《吸血鬼日記》的第一眼就被靚麗的男女主角和清新劇情吸引,此後集集不拉,周周準點追新。不覺中竟追了四五年,隨著劇情逐漸走向老套和狗血,打不完的「怪獸」和周而復始的二重身,慢慢開始忽略它的更新時間,到完全不再關注。
故事圍繞著神秘瀑布鎮高中女生Elena和吸血鬼塞爾瓦托兄弟的戀情展開,其間穿插著友情、戀情、親情……總體說來前四季還是很經典的,不論劇情、場景、服飾和演技。得知TVD完結的消息後,想起它曾經陪伴我們青春歲月的美好,為了告別和懷念去看了大結局。雖然有幾季空缺也並非完全銜接不上,劇中的人物都有了還算圓滿的結局,所以,再見TVD。
本文首發微信公眾號:出口有章
歡迎關注,轉載請聯繫本人,謝謝
?彼時追劇時曾整理的部分對白和口語~~
I predict this year is gonna be kick ass.And I predict all the sad and dark times are over and you are gonna be beyond happy.
我預言今年一定很棒。我預言所有悲傷和黑暗時期都將過去,你會無比幸福快樂的。
kick ass是常用俚語,意為:了不起,很棒
break a leg也表示祝好運、大獲成功
對運氣不好的朋友可說:
I wish you good luck!祝你好運!
Look on the bright side.你得看到事情好的一面。
Tomorrow is another day.明天又是全新的一天。
I cant be freaked out by cars.
我可不能一直對車有陰影。
be freaked out by sth:對某事感到害怕
be freak out表示:驚慌失措
Has she said anything about me? So not getting in the middle.
她有提到我什麼嗎?別猶豫啦。
getting in the middle表示在中間、左右為難,故引申為猶豫
Dont hesitate,不要猶豫。
You scared me.What are you doing here?
Im hiding from Caroline.
And why ist that?
I needed a break.She talks more than I can listen.
嚇死我了,你在這裡幹嗎?
我在躲卡洛琳。
為何要躲避她?
我想耳根清凈一下!她總是在我旁邊碎碎念。
I『m hiding from sb/hide from sb,躲避某人,向某人隱瞞某事
I needed a break,除表示需要一個人清凈下,還可表示自己很疲倦,需要休息一會,如:
I need to have a break/I need to have a rest.
You almost got me.你差點騙到我了。
almost強調未被騙
You got me表示你騙倒我/你難倒我了
Can I get a one-line version?能一句話概括下嗎?
I can pretend to do sth假裝做某事
Ive been kind of m.i.a.when you need me the most.
在你最需要我的時候我失蹤了。
m.i.a(missing in action)的縮寫,原指戰士「在戰鬥中失蹤」,可用來表示「玩失蹤」
Get my mind off of it.讓我別再想他了
安慰他人不要把不開心的事放在心上:
Dont take it to heart.別把它放在心上。
Think nothing of it.別想了。
Just forget it.忘了吧。
We can watch a movie at my place.
我們可以在我家看場電影。
更為禮貌的表達方式:
Id like to invite you to my place for a movie.
at ones place在某人家
邀請別人到自己家還可以說:
You want to come up for a night cap?
想到我家來喝杯睡前小酒嗎?
Can I interest you in a night up?
能請你到我家喝杯睡前小酒嗎?
You dont really help the situation.
你這樣於事無補。
說別人在「幫倒忙」:
What youre doing is the opposite of help.
Youre not helping.
I never really liked that guy.Doe anyone?
(Does anyone like that guy?)
我真的不喜歡那傢伙。有人會喜歡他嗎?
表達「沒有人會……」,可以用:
Does anyone...?
I am here for moral support.
我精神上支持你。
His trip is open-ended.
他的行程沒有確定。
open-ended表示「開放的、無限制的」
open-ended discussion 開放式討論
open-ended question 開放式問題
open-ended fund 開放式基金
Why did you want to meet me?It cant be to just catch up.
你為什麼想見我?絕不只是為了聊聊天吧。
catch up 了解,口語中表示「敘舊」
完整形式:catch up on sth
Lets find some time to catch up with each other.
我們找個時間敘敘舊吧。
好久不見:
Its been so long.
Long time no see.
I havent seen you for ages.
I havent seen you for a long time.
be curious about 對……感到好奇
have a crush on 迷戀
hurt ones feeling
傷害了某人的感情
cut me some slack
請求他人「放自己一馬」
You do not talk to me like that.
Dont talk to me that way.
警告對方不要那樣對自己說話
Being a teenager is so hard.
當個小孩真難。
...is so hard
……真難啊
To say goodbye is so hard.
It is so hard to say goodbye.
hard的相關口語表達:
Dont play hard to get.
別故意裝出難以接近的樣子。
Its hard to say.
很難說。
Dont push me so hard.
不要給我這麼大的壓力。
Her recovery was practically miraculous.
她能痊癒簡直是個奇蹟。
sth. is practically miraculous
該句型常用在:覺得某事不太可能發生時
You must be so relieved.You must be...
對完成不太可能的事情表如釋重負:「你一定…吧」
其他如釋重負的表達:
What a relief!真是鬆了口氣!
Thats a relief!
Im relieved.我感覺鬆了口氣。
I feel a lot better now.我感覺輕鬆多了。
His eyes are so blue
他的眼神好憂鬱
Ones eyes are blue.
Ones eyes are sad.
形容某人眼神憂鬱,表示某人憂鬱的其他表達:
He looks melancholy.
他看起來很憂傷。
He has a melancholy.
他神情憂傷。
He looks gloomy today.
他今天看起來很鬱悶。
Why is everyone sticking up for Amy?Why is everyone sticking up for sb.?
為什麼每個人都要替艾米說話?常用口語:為什麼每個人都幫某人說話?
Sb. deserves it.
某人活該。
That serves you right.
你活該。
You asked for it.
你自找的。
stick up for支持,為……辯護
I will always stand by your side.
我永遠站在你這邊。
Im in favor of you.
我支持你。
Ill back you up.
我會頂你的。
Youre letting your jealousy get the best of you.
你在縱容你的嫉妒心佔上風。(提醒他人冷靜)
get the best of打敗、戰勝,口語中的句型:
Dont let sth.get best of you.
Dont let your emotions get the best of you.
安慰別人不要受到情緒影響
Im not kidding.Im not going to put up with the drama.
我是認真的。我再也不能忍受你的反覆無常了。
詢問他人有沒有開玩笑:
Are you joking?你開玩笑的嗎?
Are you kidding?你是在開玩笑嗎?
Are you serious?你是認真的嗎?
I tricked you into telling me the truth.Thats not stabbing you in the back.Thats using your own tactics against you.
我是騙了你讓你對我說真話,但那也不是暗箭傷人,是以其人之道還治其人之身。
Trick sb. into doing sth.欺騙某人干某事
talk sb. into doing sth.說服某人做某事
see you at+地點,約定某人在某地見面
stab sb. in the back暗箭傷人
口語中表示:背後說他人壞話
speak ill of others
speak bad about other people
use ones own tactics against he/she
以其人之道還治其人之身
其他表達方式:
pay back in kind/give sb. some taste of his own medicine/deal with a man as he deals with you
詢問對方有沒有明白自己的意思:
Do you understand?你明白了嗎?
Is that clear?清楚了嗎?
Do you know what I mean?你明白我的意思嗎?
You got me?你聽懂了嗎?
口語中形容長得帥的男子:
He is a lady-killer.他是個美男子。
He is really a heartbreaker.他長得真帥。
形容女人長得漂亮:
She is a knockout.
How about a toast?干一杯怎麼樣?
干一杯的其他表達:
Bottoms up!乾杯!
Lets make a toast!讓我們干一杯吧!
Why dont we make a toast?為什麼不幹一杯呢?
Why not drink a toast?為什麼不幹一杯呢?
Heres to your health!為你的健康乾杯!
You have to stay out of it,ok?
你別摻進來好嗎?
stay out of 置身事外
表明自己與某事無關的表達方式:
Its none of my businiess.不關我的事。
Its nothing to do with me.與我無關。
Its no concern of mine.不關我的事。
It doesnt have anything to do with me.與我無關。
But the girls got heart.She means well.Just gotta take the good with the bad sometimes.
但是她心地很好,沒有惡意,你應該同時接受她的優點和缺點。
Think of sb.表示:對某人的看法。
詢問別人對某人看法:
What do you think of sb.?你覺得這人怎麼樣?
讚揚別人人品好:
He is a nice person.他人很好。
He treats people well.他待人很好。
He is a great guy.他人很棒。
推薦閱讀:
※在現實生活中,吸血鬼要如何生存(或生活)下去?
※鉛中毒的殭屍 v.s. 卟啉病的吸血鬼(上)
※為什麼電視劇《吸血鬼日記》的評價比電影《暮光之城》評價高很多很多?
※有什麼動漫的主角是吸血鬼?
※真的有吸血鬼嗎?