22 Fantastic Idioms about Love and their meanings---關於戀愛的22個絕妙用語及其含義

曾經有一份真誠的愛情放在我面前

我沒有珍惜

等我失去的時候我才後悔莫及

人世間最痛苦的事莫過於此

如果上天能夠給我一個再來一次的機會

我一定會選擇

早點回家過年!

這一次為大家帶來的,是關於在談及戀愛這種美妙感覺時,最常用的英文習慣用語

1、LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT 一見鍾情

falling in love with somebody the first time you see them 指的是第一次相見就愛上對方

My wife and I met at a party. It was love at first sight.

(我和我妻子是在一個派對上認識的,我們是一見鍾情)

2、HAVE THE HOTS FOR SOMEBODY 對某人有好感

finding somebody extremely attractive 用於指覺得某人非常有吸引力。

Nadine has the hots for the new apprentice. I wouldn』t be surprised if she asked him out.

(納丁對新學徒有好感。如果她請他出去玩,我不會感到驚奇。)

3、BE AN ITEM 有曖昧關係

two people are an item when they are having a romantic relationship 指當雙方有一種特別的男女關係,存於友情之上,又超乎友情

I didn』t know Chris and Sue were an item. They didn』t even look at each other at dinner.

(我不知道怎麼克里斯和秀之間有曖昧關係,他們吃飯時彼此連看都不看一眼。)

4、 FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEBODY 愛上某人

start feeling love towards somebody指的是開始有愛對方的感覺

I think I』m falling in love with my best friend. What should I do?

(我認為我愛上我最好的朋友了,我該怎麼辦?)

5、 PUPPY LOVE 初戀

short-term adolescent love 用於指青年時期的短暫愛情

My son is only twelve, but he』s already in love. Isn』t it a bit too early?

Don』t worry, it』s only puppy love. It won』t last.

我兒子才十二歲,已經戀愛了。這是不是有點太早了?

別擔心,這只是短暫初戀,不會長久的。

6、 MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN 天生一對

a relationship in which the two people are great together, because they complement each other so well

用於指兩人性格互補得非常好,在一起配合時非常棒的那種關係。

Do you think Matt and Amanda will get married?(你認為麥特和阿曼達會結婚嗎?)

I hope they will. They』re a match made in heaven.(我認為會,他們是天生一對。)

7、 BE HEAD OVER HEELS (IN LOVE) (對愛情)一往情深

be in love with somebody very much 用於表示非常愛某人。

Look at them. They』re head over heels in love with each other.

(看看他們,他們對彼此一往情深。)

8、DOUBLE DATE 對對碰,四人約會,雙約會

two couples going out together on a date 用於指兩對情侶一起約會

I』m so glad you and Tom』s brother are an item. From now on we can go on double-dates.

我很高興看到你和湯姆的兄弟的關係。以後我們可以對對碰了

9、 BE LOVEY-DOVEY 很多情

expressing your love in public by constantly kissing and hugging 在公開場合頻繁接吻和擁抱示愛

I don』t want to go out with Jenny and David. They』re so lovey-dovey, I just can』t stand it.

(我不想跟珍妮和大衛一起出去。他們那麼多情,我受不了。)

10、Madly in love 熱戀

to be deeply or extremely in love with somebody 用於指深深地或極端地相愛

They are madly in love, they love and trust each other and will always be loyal to one another.

他們正在熱戀中,他們相互愛慕和信任,願意始終忠於對方。

11、 POP THE QUESTION 求婚

ask somebody to marry you 指的是請求某人與你結婚

So, did Ben pop the question last night?

No, he didn』t. He just took me out for dinner and that』s all.

那麼,本昨晚有沒向你求婚?

沒有。他只是帶我去吃晚餐,沒其他的了。

12、 TIE THE KNOT 結婚,喜結良緣,永結同心

get married 用於指雙方結婚

When are you and Jenny going to tie the knot?

This year, but we haven』t set a date yet.

你的珍妮什麼時候結婚呢?

今年,但我們還沒確定日期。

13、THOSE THREE LITTLE WORDS 那三個字

I love you (yes, that』s exactly three words) 指「我愛你」(就這三個字)

I think he loves me, but he hasn』t said those three little words yet.

我認為他愛你,只是沒有向你說出那三個字。

當然,不是每段戀情都有美好回憶

也許那三個字

到最後變成了

這三個字

I hate you

14、Blinded by love愛昏了頭

when a person is so madly in love with somebody that they can』t see the persons faults or negative characteristics

用於指愛對方愛太瘋了,對方的缺點和不足都看不到。

She is so blinded by love that she can』t see him for who he truly is. He is not a good person, he is rude and disrespectful to everyone around him, including her.

她愛昏了頭了,看不清他到底是什麼人。他不是個好人,他對包括她在內的周邊所有人都即粗魯又沒教養

15、ON THE ROCKS (關係)觸礁

if there are problems in a relationship, we may say it』s on the rocks 當兩個關係碰見問題時,就叫觸礁

I wonder if they will call off the wedding. Their relationship seems to be on the rocks.

我懷疑他們會取消訂婚,他們的關係看起來觸礁了。

16、LOVE RAT 愛情騙子,負心漢/女,花心大蘿蔔

somebody who cheats on his/her partner 用於指欺騙對方感情的人

Don』t even think about asking Jane out. How could you look your wife in the eye? Don』t be a love rat.

連請簡出去都別想。你覺得你妻子會怎麼想?別花心了

17、 WALK OUT ON SOMEBODY 拋棄某人

leave your partner and end the relationship 用於指離開你的伴侶,結束雙方關係

You』re the second men to walk out on me. I won』t let it happen ever again.

你是第二個拋棄我的人,我不會讓這事再發生了。

18、 LEAVE SOMEBODY AT THE ALTAR 悔婚

decide not to marry somebody just before the wedding 用於指在訂婚前決定不結婚

I』ve just met my ex-boyfriend. I think I still have feelings for him.

But you』re about to get married to John. Are you going to leave him at the altar?

我剛碰到我前男友,我認為我對他還有感情。

但你已經要跟約翰結婚了,難道你想悔婚?

19、 BREAK UP/ SPLIT UP (WITH SOMEBODY) 分手

end the relationship 用於指結束雙方關係

Have you heard? Marian and Joseph have split up. I wonder what went wrong. They were so good together.

你聽到沒?瑪麗安和約瑟夫分手了。我想知道哪裡出問題了,他們在一起多好啊。

20、No love lost between 毫無感情,互相厭惡

there is a mutual animosity between two people 用於指雙方嫌棄仇恨

There is no love lost between the two colleagues, they have never liked each other.

這兩個同事已經毫無感情了,再也不會相互喜歡了

21、 BLIND DATE 相親

when two people who have never seen each other before go on a date 用於指從未見過面的男女經第三方安排的約會

My sister keeps organising blind dates for me. She』d just love to fix me up with someone.

我姐姐一直給我安排相親。她就想給我做媒。

22、 FIX SOMEBODY UP (WITH SOMEBODY) 介紹朋友

find a romantic partner for somebody 用於指給某人找個對象

I』m not going to the party unless you promise me you won』t try to fix me up with another friend of yours.

我不想參加派對,除非你答應不把我介紹給你的朋友。

情人節馬上就要來了,今年的情人節你準備怎麼過?快和米姐分享吧~


推薦閱讀:

【視頻】看《老友記》學英語:第一季第七集
【視頻】看《老友記》學英語:第一季第九集筆記
國際化教育背景下的少兒英語學習路線圖
英式英語與美式英語比較
卓別林《當我開始愛自己》

TAG:翻譯 | 語言 | 英語學習 |