標籤:

科比這篇親筆文章看得我瑟瑟發抖

今天,湖人名宿科比發表了一篇名為《著魔是天性》的文章,回憶多年前與艾佛森的競爭,看得我瑟瑟發抖。

眾所周知,科比的好勝心是出了名的強,我個人認為在籃球領域能和喬丹的好勝程度匹敵的只有科比;而科比本人曾經表示,艾佛森才是他見過的好勝心最強的人。

如果說《致籃球》展現的是一個平靜祥和的科比,那《獵殺是天性》描繪的就是一個嗜血瘋狂的科比。通過這篇科比的親筆,你能走進這名偉大殺手的內心世界,體會到他一旦確定獵物便永不放棄的決心,真切感受到他偏執至極的好勝天性。

以下為我自己翻譯的版本,若有不準確的地方請見諒:

On November 12, 1996, Allen Iverson dropped 35 on the Knicks in a win at the Garden.

1996年11月12號,AI在麥迪遜花園球館狂砍35分,贏下了與尼克斯的比賽。

On November 12, 1996, I played five minutes and finished with two points in a Lakers win at Houston.

同樣是1996年11月12號,我打了五分鐘,最終在湖人擊敗休斯頓的比賽中得到可憐的兩分。

When I checked into my hotel room later that night and saw the 35 on SportsCenter, I lost it. I flipped the table, threw the chairs, broke the TV.

那天夜裡,當我返回酒店房間並且在SC看了這35分的表演之後,我失去了理智。我掀翻了桌子,撂倒了椅子,砸爛了電視。

I thought I had been working hard.

我以為我一直很努力。

Five minutes. Two points.

五分鐘,得了兩分。

I needed to work harder.

我需要更加努力。

I did.

我做了。

On March 19, 1999, Iverson put 41 points and 10 assists on me in Philadelphia.

在1999年3月19日的費城,艾弗森在我頭頂上拿了41分+10助攻。

Working harder wasn』t enough.

更多的努力還不夠。

I had to study this man maniacally.

我不得不瘋狂地研究這個男人。

I obsessively read every article and book I could find about AI. I obsessively watched every game he had played, going back to the IUPU All-American Game. I obsessively studied his every success, and his every struggle. I obsessively searched for any weakness I could find.

我像著魔似地閱讀我所能找到的關於AI的每篇文章和每本書籍。我像著魔似地觀看他打過的每場比賽,甚至追溯到IUPU的全美比賽。我像著魔似地研究他的每次成功以及他的每次掙扎。我像著魔似地搜尋我能找到的(他身上的)任何弱點。

I searched the world for musings to add to my AI Musecage.

我在冥想中搜尋了整個世界,以此補充我的【AI冥想室】。

This led me to study how great white sharks hunt seals off the coast of South Africa.

這引導我去研究大白鯊如何在南非的海岸狩獵海豹。

The patience. The timing. The angles.

靠的是耐心,時機,角度。

On Feb 20, 2000, in Philadelphia, PJ gave me the assignment of guarding AI at the start of the second half. No one knew how much this challenge meant to me.

2000年2月20號的費城,下半場剛開始菲爾-傑克遜就給我布置了防守AI的任務。沒人知道這個挑戰對我意味著多少。

I wanted him to feel the frustration I felt.

我想讓他感受我曾經感受過的沮喪。

I wanted everyone who laughed at the 41 and 10 he put on me to choke on their laughter.

我想讓每一個嘲笑我讓他砍下41分+10助攻的人的笑聲戛然而止。

He would publicly say that neither of us could stop the other.

他將公開表示,我倆誰也無法阻止對方。

I refused to believe that.

可我拒絕接受這點。

I score 50.

我砍下50分。

You score zero.

你掛了零蛋。

THAT is what I believe.

這才是我要的。

When I started guarding AI, he had 16 at the half. He finished the game with 16.

當我開始防守AI時,他在上半場就已經得了16分。全場比賽結束時,他仍然只得了16分。

Revenge was sweet.

復仇是甜蜜的。

But I wasn』t satisfied after the win. I was annoyed that he had made me feel that way in the first place.

但我並未滿足於這場勝利。我很生氣,因為他讓我先於他感受了這種(沮喪的)感覺

I swore, from that point on, to approach every matchup as a matter of life and death. No one was going to have that kind of control over my focus ever again.

我發誓,從那時起我就把(與AI的)每次對位當作生死攸關的事。沒人能再讓我對自己的專註力擁有那樣的控制。

I will choose who I want to target and lock in.

我會選擇我想將之作為目標的人,然後再鎖死他。

I will choose whether or not your goals for the upcoming season compromise where I want to be in 20 years.

我會選擇讓你接下來這個賽季的所有目標向我接下來20年里希望達到的成就進行妥協,無論如何。

If they don』t, happy hunting to you. But if they do….

如果你的目標沒有妥協,對於你來說就是一次愉快的獵殺。但如果它們妥協了……

I will hunt you obsessively. It』s only natural.

我會像著魔似地獵殺你。這只是(我的)天性。

推薦閱讀:

19年過去了,他依舊是聯盟最好的「3D」球員
韋德2010:且把忠誠餵了狗
關於運球訓練的一些乾貨(一)
「OnFire50大巨星」第17,吉米-巴特勒

TAG:篮球 | NBA | 体育 |