What Are You Scared Of?

Thank you 小昭 for the wonderful translation ^^

翻譯:

What are you scared of?

你在害怕什麼?

Tell me.

請告訴我,

How would you define fear?

你認為恐懼是什麼?

How would you describe it?

你會如何形容它?

Why do we feel fear?

為什麼我們會感到恐懼?

What is fear exactly and what is the cause of it?

恐懼到底是什麼,為什麼人們會產生這種感覺呢?

To be honest, I used to be a person who was afraid of talking to people.

老實說,我曾經也害怕與人交談。

I didn"t know why at that time, but I had a horrible gut feeling that pulled me away from people.

那時我不知道自己為什麼會這樣,但有一種可怕的直覺讓我拒人於千里之外。

Hm. Why did I feel that way?

嗯……我為什麼會有那樣的感覺呢?

Is it because I was afraid of being judged? Is it because I was afraid of trying new things? What if that person doesn"t like me?

是因為我害怕被其他人評頭論足嗎?還是因為我害怕嘗試新的事物?如果那個人不喜歡我怎麼辦?

There are many reasons in why people don"t talk to a lot of other people for a reason.

有很多原因導致人們不喜歡與太多人交談。

But you know, I realized something lately.

但是你知道嗎?我最近忽然意識到,

What are you really afraid of? What is fear exactly?

人們真正害怕的是什麼?恐懼到底是什麼?

Where does this fear come from? And how is it created?

這些恐懼來自哪裡?它是如何產生的?

Imagine a random new person approach you.

想像一下,有一個陌生人走近你。

He/she smiles at you and decides to start a conversation with you.

他/她對你微笑,並開始和你攀談。

He/she looks friendly and initiates with you.

他/她看上去很友好,並且很主動。

Your hands start to feel sweaty and you feel awkward.

你的手心開始出汗,並且感到很尷尬。

What do you say?

你應該說什麼?

He/she is asking a lot of questions at you, but you get this feeling of not wanting to talk to this person.

他/她向你問了很多問題,但你突然有了不想和這個人說話的想法。

What is this feeling?

這是一種什麼感覺?

What if you want to talk to another person.

如果你想和另一個人說話。

You approach that person and start talking.

你走近那個人並開始跟他/她聊天。

That person really enjoys talking with you and accepts your comment.

那個人真的很喜歡跟你說話,並且還接受了你的一些意見。

You then ask for that person"s contact, instead, they gave you an email.

然後你問那個人要聯繫方式,而他/她只給了你一個電子郵箱地址。

As a result, you feel a bit rejected. What did you do wrong?

因此,你覺得自己被拒絕了。你到底做錯了什麼?

In reality, the fear does not really exist and it was something that you made up for yourself.

事實上,恐懼並不真的存在,它只是你自己所假想出來的一種感覺。

If you step back a bit, everyone is a person just like you.

退一步講,其實所有人都跟你一樣。

We all want the same thing in life, we all just want to be happy.

在生活中,我們都渴望相同的事物,我們都希望開開心心。

如果你喜歡我的文章,請跟朋友們分享一下 =)

沒你們的支持和鼓勵,我無法跟你們分享這些經驗 ^^/

請關注我們的微信公眾號,以獲取每周更新!!

My Wechat Account is: BrandonBlog

My Official Wechat Account: Bhok

推薦閱讀:

2017 年我們解讀了 100 本海外好書,這是最精彩的 6 本 | 遠讀
大家看英文原版書頭疼嗎?
哪裡有大量免費、但很多人沒發現的英文原版書?
《玻璃城堡》開篇第一句是什麼意思?
如何寫一手漂亮的英文字?

TAG:英语 | 英文原著 | 英语翻译 |